Thursday, June 25, 2009

Homemade Lemon Squares

Welcome aboard, let me introduce you to our first dish!

So last week, I made lemon squares at home. The first time was a disaster because the cake tin I used was too wide so when I poured the mixture in, the squares turned out to be only about 3cm thick. The second time was a huge success, hooray! I used a quarter cup of lemon juice, and the squares weren't sour at all. Squeezing the lemon juice was a bit hard on the hands without a juice squeezer, but it tastes so much more real and fresh than lemon juice straight out of a bottle. The surface of the squares don't look that appealing from the burnt sugar, so sprinkle on a heap of icing sugar until it's covered like snow. Click here for a Betty Crocker Luscious Lemon Squares recipe.


Bon voyage,
Jenny Cheng

No comments:

Post a Comment