Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Homemade Pizza!

Tonight was the night we decided to farewell our post-formal director from Sumemrbridge. Graham is leaving us!! We have decided to gather few of the staff and have some fun and by fun we meant MAKING PIZZA!

I couldn't exactly help prepare all the ingredients for the pizza making party cause I was there late. But when I got there, I saw pepper, mushroom, garlic, pepperoni, ham and pineapples all cut into dices or stripes. Joyce was working very hard on slicing the cheese! It was so colorful and it already looked so delicious! A pizza really wasn't that difficult to make. I guess the dough was the hardest to make since it has to somehow to be in some sort of softness but not too soft. I don't exactly know how to make it cause our big chef Eddie was done with it by the time I got to his house. So I didn't actually have to go through the most difficult stage of making a pizza!! It's a pity but I was glad at the same time; who knows how it would turn out if I was in charge of the dough. Haha.


Eddie squishing the dough when I was playing with mine. Haha. It's pretty hilarious playing with them.

Anyways, once the dough was ready, I've decided to be the guinea pig and dig in to create my first pizza. Here are the steps into making a pizza.
1) The dough - make sure to put flour on the dough while making it into a flat bread. The flour helps to make it less sticky. I guess it won't work if it was too sticky? Just put flour until the dough doesn't stick to your hand while pressing.
2) Put tomato sauce. I think it really depends on how much tomato sauce you would like. Mine was definitely not enough even though I put a decent thickness of tomato sauce layer on the dough. I think you'll need to put at least a layer until you don't see the dough.
3) Put cheese. This is the part a lot of people forget. You're supposed to put cheese before putting in the ingredients. I guess for the stickiness and the taste?
4) Ingredients! Put anything you would like in your pizza! Like I said, we had pepper, mushroom, tomato, ham, pineapple and lots more! I only put some ham, pepperoni and mushroom and I like!!
5) Another layer of cheese!! Make sure you put another layer of cheese, but this time, make sure it's put in the center of the pizza and don't let it spread too close to the edge. Becasue when it begins to melt in the oven, it really spreads out. My cheese totally cover my whole pizza's crust. Haha.
6) Put it in the oven for like 10-15 minutes. This is the time for the size of a pizza that's as big as your face. Normal pizza with maybe about 8 slices probably takes another 10 minutes or so. It really depends on the size! And I believe it was baked at the temperature of around 120 degree celcius! I didn't pay much attention. I'm sure you can google about it!!

One thing, before putting it into the oven, make sure you wrap the tray with some tinfoil and put a thin layer of oil on it before putting the pizza on the tinfoil!!!! This is crucial. Joyce and I were the first one to make and Eddie didn't warn us! So our pizza was stuck onto the tinfoil! :( It took us forever to peel it off!! and the whole pizza was destroyed because of that!


The two great chefs! :D

Eat Up!
Michelle

PS. This is a great activity for bonding time for a small group of friends. Remember, only small group! Cause it gets the kitchen very messy!! :) I'm definitely gonna try it when I get back to Syracuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment